When you want something what is the first thing you do? You think of it right! It has to start with an idea, a desire… Then the question becomes how do you get it? Well in 2018 I had a super cool experience with vision boards that I would like to share with you.
So I went to a vision board party last year… say what? A wonderful uplifting woman I know and love invited me to her home where she had planned ahead, got a bunch of inspirational magazines, (had people bring of few of their own) and was all set up with craft boards, glue, scissors, the works. It was the ultimate adult arts and crafts deal and it was so fun. The idea was to create your vision, your dream for 2018 in pictures. Simple. So we got to cutting, chatting, laughing and voila…. here’s mine.
I’ve kept it for the entire year. It was pinned up in my spare room where I do my workouts so I would see it. But honestly my workout space revolves around my daughter… When she was sleeping more consistently I would work out in there, but now that we are back to super duper early wake ups, 430 am, I get it done in my living room while she a) sits on the potty, b) watches some Paw Patrol or c) tries to do it with me and most the time the workout is not really a workout LOL. Toddler life is gangsta. So honestly, it had been forgotten about for the last 4-5 months.
My 2018 Manifestations
While in desperate search for Christmas wrapping, I stumbled across last year’s board and was shocked to see all the things that had manifested for me. Here are some of the highlights.
- Went mountain biking for the first time, (in the beautiful Colorado mountains with great friends).
- Found a tribe of strong women that support each other and are committed to helping each other become the best they can be. (I created Inspiredon2Wheels Women’s Cycling Club and can’t wait for this years rides!)
- Having more fun! I got a way less stressful job with better mommy hours which allows me to spend more quality time with my family and pursue my passions.
- Love. I’m more connected to my husband now than ever.
- Greenhouse…. Okay so the greenhouse is my mother-in-laws but I’m still counting it!
- I’m in great physical shape, I’ve got some serious miles in on these legs for biking. Nearly 2000 in a year.
- NEW HOUSE. We bought house plans, funding is secured and now just working on the permits to build!
It is so fun to look back and see what I’ve accomplished, what the universe has sent my way, and this may be a bit woo, but what I have subconsciously manifested for myself. So am I going to do this again? HELLS YES, 100%. But this time with more intention!
How long has it been since you just let yourself dream unabashedly, without limits or reality checks? If you are like me, then answer is too long and not enough. But I am changing that. This year I am dedicated to making my dreams my reality. I invite you to join me!
How to Create Your Own Vision Board.
Steps to create your vision board.
- Gathering your goods. Pick up an inspirational magazine here and there, copy that quote you love and print it out.
- Get a board, glue, and scissors. Whatever embellishments that inspire you.
- Schedule some time, maybe an hour or two to get your board together. Better idea, invite some friends, make it a party!
- Set the intention. Spend 5 minutes just visualizing your desires for the next year. How do you want to feel? Dream it, Feel it.
- Set the mood. Turn off the TV put on some of your favorite tunes and get to cutting, pasting and manifesting your year!
- Share your creation with a few friends, put that energy out there.
- Put your board somewhere you will see it everyday. Where you will be reminded even for a minute of what your intentions are for the year. Mine is going in my bathroom!
How to Get into the Right Mindset to Create Your Dreams.
Mindset is huge in creating what you want. If you have desire but your follow up thoughts are “Oh that could never happen for me” or “I would but I don’t have the time” then guess what? You will get exactly what your mindset directs you towards.
Working on identify those limiting beliefs/decisions and replacing them with affirmative ones will go a long way in helping you to manifest what you want. I do not recall a single moment during my vision board creating where I went to a negative space. It was so much fun dreaming and creating. But the afterwards, in the daily doing of life, intentions get forgotten. This year I am dedicating myself to mindset work and being more intentional about my goal setting and dream building.
My word for the year is MINDSET!
I can dream up all kinds of fantastic dreams but if I don’t have the right mindset about them that’s all they will ever be is… just dreams. This year my dreams are my reality.
Here is Your Challenge!
- Dream your dreams and put them on paper, whether it be on a vision board, ina journal or a Pinterest board. Be crazy, be wild. Whatever you want that you can imagine. Don’t let “reality” stop you.
- Get your mind right! Do 5 minutes of mindset work every morning. Listen to affirmative message, mediate, see yourself doing, having, and being those things that you dreamed up.
- Share it! Sharing it gives your vision power and gives others the confidence to do the same.
- Needing a little extra motivation? Sign up for my Free 5 Day Mindset and Goal Setting Challenge where you’ll receive a 5 day e-course with clear actions steps to help you identify your most important goals and get your mind right to crush them in 2019! Plus you’ll get access to my private Facebook group for support and accountability! Hope to see you in the challenge. It will be fun and inspiring!
2019 is going to be a fantastic year! I can’t wait to see what manifests for you and for me. If you were inspired by this post to create a vision board and want to share it, post it to social media under this hashtag #I2WVisionBoard2019 either in Instagram or in my facebook group and tag me @inspiredon2wheels. Let others drop some love on your creation. We are in this life together and together we rise!
Now YOU, powerful, beautiful, amazing YOU!
GO CREATE WHAT YOU WERE MEANT TO CREATE!
“Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.”
George Bernard Shaw